It’s that time of year again; the time of over-thinking what to buy people and pondering just how many drinks you can get away with at the work Christmas bash.
To make your life just a teeny, tiny bit easier this year, Independent Reading has put together your guide to all things Christmas and here it is!!!
Let’s start with the important stuff…PARTY TIME! Here’s our pick of some of the best places to kit yourself out with some new clobber:
- Georgina’s Vintage Couture, Harris Arcade, town centre
- NuVo, Cross Street, town centre
- Cara, Church Street, Caversham
- Chapmans Shoes, Harris Arcade, town centre
Now you’re nice and hung over with someone else’s lipstick on your cheek, it’s probably time to shop. Here are our gift ideas for the ones you love (and maybe for those you don’t love but still have to buy a gift for too!).
Stocking Fillers / Under £10:
- Christmas Jokes game, £5.00, But is it art…? (Queen Victoria Street, town centre)
- Honey bee lip butter, £6.00, h by Maia (Buy online or at Reading University, 30th November or Reading Farmers Market, 2nd December)
- Cioccolatina beard oil, £9.00, Sheabutter Cottage (Buy online or at Caversham Artisan & Farmers Market, 3rd December)
- Christmas jam, £5.00 per jar (shown) or £2.50 per mini jar, The Jam Lady, Caversham (Buy direct or at Tipsy Bean Christmas Shopping Evening, 29th November or at The Weller Centre Christmas Party, 1st December)
- Rhino Hero game, £7.99, Eclectic Games (Buy online or in store, Union Street, town centre)
- Soy candle, £9.50, Amora Candles (Buy online or at Reading Farmers Market and Caversham Artisan & Farmers Market throughout December)
£30 and under:
- Climbing taster session, £30.00, Reading Climbing Centre (Buy vouchers online or call on 0118 975 6298)
- Model cars, from £19.50, epoch3 (Buy in store, Caversham Road and meet the epoch3 team at Caversham Artisan & Farmers Market throughout December)
- Christmas Candles, £15.00 each, Amora Candles (Buy at Reading Farmers Market throughout December)
- Small Luxury Hamper, £18.95, MooMoo Soaps (Buy online or at Caversham Artisan & Farmers Market throughout December)
- Cards Against Humanity, £25.00, But is it art…? (Queen Victoria Street, town centre)
- Rustic Chalkboard, £25.00, Circle Woodshop (Buy online or at Caversham Artisan & Farmers Market throughout December)
- Joy Essential Oil Reed Diffuser, £38.00, Humos (Buy online or in store, Church Road, Caversham)
- V-neck oversize knit, £75.00, Cara (Buy online or in store, Church Street, Caversham)
- Kate Coker, Hematite Collection jewellery, from £75.00, epoch3 (Buy in store, Caversham Road, Caversham)
- Oxford Dry Gin, £39.50, TOAD (Buy online or at Reading Farmers Market throughout December)
That’s all for now, folks! We hope that’s got your creative, Christmas gifting juices flowing. There are tonnes of fabulous businesses in our area, so if you’re looking for something specific, please get in touch and we’ll endeavour to find someone selling it locally for you.